This privacy and cookies statement covers the services provided by Storynory Ltd at Storynory.com.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files are known as cookies.
We use our own cookies for the following:
- To remember your first name if you enter it into one of our comment boxes. We do not ask for your email address, your second name, or other personal information. (comment_author cookie)
- Admin of our site - this should not affect you unless you work with us.
- To remember that we have shown you our cookie warning message.
We use third party cookies for :
- Google's AdSense programme - to serve advertisements - this is how we fund our service and keep our stories free. We have informed Google that our site is "for Child-Directed Treatment", so that the ads protect you with a higher privacy level than usual. This means that Google disables personalised advertising on Storynory.
- Ezoic - in some cases our advertisements are optimized by Ezoic - a certified publishing partner of Google. We have asked Ezoic to treat Storynory as a site "for Child-Directed Treatment", and to use higher levels of privacy than usual.
- Google Analytics - to inform us in a general way about our visitor stats and help us understand how visitors use our site. We do NOT track interests and demographic profiles such as age, or precise geo-location. You can learn more about Google Analytics and privacy here. You can opt out of Google's analytics cookies using Google's browser add-on.
What if you are concerned about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies, how to manage them in your web browser, and how to delete them, at this website.
If you subscribe to our stories via iTunes or RSS feed, we have no idea who you are, unless you contact us personally.
You can follow us by Twitter or Facebook. This is a great way to connect with Storynory. Social networks are perfect for parents and teachers, grown-up language learners, and other older listeners or young adults. We ask that only people who are thirteen years or older use Social Networks, as we do not think they are safe for children.
Third Party Websites
We may link to other websites, but we are not responsible for their content or privacy policies.
Competitions and activities
From time to time we may run competitions and activities on our site. We will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity and we will hold information (such as email addresses) only as long as is necessary to complete the activity.
We will not disclose any data we hold about children to third parties except in instance of Force Majeure, see below.
If a court of law or government body or agency directs us to disclose any of our user information, we may in that instance be forced to do so, otherwise we will not share your data with third parties.
If you wish to review or request deletion of any information that we hold about a child in your care, please contact the Data Controller (details below). We will need to ascertain proof of your identity and relationship to the child.
Contact Data Controller
The Data Controller for Storynory.com is Hugh Fraser, aka Bertie. email: [email protected]rynory.com. 26 Star Street, London W2 1QB. +44 (0)7941 190 740. If you have any questions or concerns, or wish us to delete any information which you believe we hold about you or children in your care, please email [email protected]
Thank you for using Storynory. We hope that our privacy information is clear and that you feel we have taken reasonable steps to protect the privacy of our visitors with special regard to younger people.